I Eat Healthy, But Feel Like Sh#t
Do you know how many times I have heard .. “I just don’t understand why I feel like sh#t when I eat SO healthy”.
Put it this way… if I had a dollar every time someone uttered these words to me – I’d be flying first class ALL the time 😉
Let me give you a sample of what a… “I Eat Healthy’” is….
- Breakfast: Porridge/Oatmeal (made with water) most days.
- Snack: Healthy Muffin or a piece of fruit.
- Lunch: Salad with beans, lettuce, tomato, carrot – no dressing, sometimes adding a can of tuna or salmon
- Dinner: Steamed fish, broccoli, green beans OR a quick meal of eggs on sourdough with some leafy greens on top.
- and they tell me they don’t drink alcohol, rarely have coffee/tea etc.
NOW… that SEEMS healthy, right?
So why would someone be struggling with all sorts of health issues?
Because this is an example of a very narrow repertoire of foods eaten – week in and week out.
I hear you saying… “Yeh, so what? It’s still healthy, right?”
Well yeh, it’s healthy compared to eating Pizza and Chips all the time with a chaser of beer or wine 😉 but….
It’s Mono Eating and that’s NOT nutritionally sound long term.
You see, the body needs a multitude of macro and micro nutrients to function OPTIMALLY
- Protein – Amino Acid sub-units – 22 in total – essential and non-essential
- Fats – Monounsaturated, polyunaturated, saturated, omega 3’s and 6’s, EPA, DHA
- Carbohydrates – Monosaccharides, Disaccharides, Oligosaccharides (Indigestible & Digestible)
- Fibre – Soluble, insoluble, lignins
- Vitamins – Fat soluble A, D, E & K. Water soluble B, C.
- Minerals – Major and Trace (too many to list)
- Phytonutrients & Antioxidants – Phenols, Flavonols, Anthocyanidins, Quercertin (to name a few)
So when you have the same brekky all the time — even if it’s healthy porridge — and the same lunches, and a small repertoire of dinners… you’re missing out on a range of nutrients not to mention and depriving your GUT MICROBIOME with the variety of fibre it needs to function optimally.
The outcome eating this way — to mono-eating is — deteriorating health (basically feeling like Sh#t)
When your body DOESN’T get what it needs to function optimally, it will still function but not effectively and this leads to you feeling fatigued with a host of health issues.
Here’s a simple analogy to help you understand…
Think of your body as a car.
A car has a few different ways to keep it running efficiently – Fuel, oil and water.
You can put high quality octane fuel in your car but if you don’t put enough oil in a car’s engine, or water in the radiator – it will still run, but not run well. And eventually it may even blow up or require a lot of $$$ to get it back in good working order.
So don’t wait until your body needs lots of $$$ to get it back in working order, or even worse, until it blows up.
What to do?
Eat a HUGE variety of fresh whole foods – every day AND mix it up
Need help to get back on track with a plan? Let’s chat, book a Complimentary Call HERE