I Eat Healthy, But Feel Like Sh#t
“I Eat Healthy, But I Feel Like Sh#t”
Do you know how many times I have heard this in my clinic?
Put it this way; if I had a dollar every time a client uttered these words – I’d be lounging on a beach all day never having to work again.
Let me give you a sample of a client’s… ‘I Eat Healthy’….
- Breakfast: Porridge/Oatmeal (made with water) fruit on top
- Snack: Orange
- Lunch: Pinto beans, lettuce, tomato, carrot – no dressing sometimes adding a can of tuna or salmon (no oil)
- Dinner: Steamed fish, broccoli, green beans.
But they are struggling with weight gain, fatigue, headaches, lethargy, muscle aches and pains.
But it’ seems pretty healthy, right? So why the health issues?
Because they eat this way day in – day out.
Yeh, so what? It’s still healthy, right?
It’s Mono Eating
Meaning eating the same foods over and over, day in and day out.
What’s wrong with that?
Well, it’s not nutritionally sound long term.
The body needs a multitude of Nutrients
- Protein – Amino Acid sub-units – 22 in total – essential and non-essential
- Fats – Monounsaturated, polyunaturated, saturated, omega 3’s and 6’s, EPA, DHA
- Carbohydrates – Monosaccharides, Disaccharides, Oligosaccharides (Indigestible & Digestible)
- Fibre – Soluble, insoluble, lignins
- Vitamins – Fat soluble A, D, E & K. Water soluble B, C.
- Minerals – Major and Trace (too many to list)
- Phytonutrients & Antioxidants – Phenols, Flavonols, Anthocyanidins, Quercertin (to name a few)
Get the picture? Not as simple as having porridge every day right?
When you eat the same thing day in day out your body doesn’t get the variety it needs to function optimally.
Outcome – deteriorating health (feeling like Sh#t) – weight gain etc.
The body needs nutrients to survive. And the Gut Microbiome needs a variety of Fibre sources – not just a few types.
You see, the body doesn’t really care about you (harsh I know)
When it doesn’t get what it needs, it will slow down (weight gain) and not run effectively (health issues)
Here’s a simple analogy.
The body is an engine, much like a car. It has a few different ways to keep it running efficiently. Fuel, oil and water.
You can put high quality octane fuel in your car but if you don’t put enough oil in a car’s engine, or water in the radiator – it will still run, but not run well. And eventually it may even blow up or require a lot of $$$ to get it back in good working order.
So don’t wait until your body needs lots of $$$ to get it back in working order, or even worse, until it blows up.
What to do?
Eat a HUGE variety of fresh whole foods – every day
Mix it up
Need help? Want to Chat? Book a Complimentary Call HERE