CHUNKY SPICED TOMATO AND CORN SOUP
Black Bean Quinoa Salad
One of my all-time favourite salads, it’s super delicious and super nutritious… Quinoa is a nutritional powerhouse touted to contain all nine essential amino acids along with fibre, protein and iron rich black beans; just 1 cup of this salad will provide over a third of your daily protein, fibre and iron requirements
Write a review
- Quinoa, White (or Multi-coloured), 1 cup (dry uncooked)
- Black beans, 1 can (400g, 14oz)
- Corn kernels, 1 can (400g, 14oz)
- Tomato, firm, 2 whole
- Spring (green) onions, 8 sprigs
- Coriander/Cilantro, 2 handfuls
- Cumin powder, 1 tsp
- Olive oil, extra virgin optional, 1 tbsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 tbsp
- Lime (Juice of), 4 whole
- Drain and rinse black beans and corn, set aside.
- Combine lime juice, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and cumin powder in a jar, shake well, set aside.
- Cook Quinoa –1:2 ratio (Quinoa:Water) in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Approx.15 mins. Put in fridge to cool while prepping other ingredients.
- Finely dice tomato, spring onions and coriander and put in a large salad bowl.
- Add cooled quinoa.
- Shake dressing and pour over salad.
- Keeps in fridge for 3-4 days.
- o SPROUTS – Add 1 handful of Sunflower sprouts.
- o PARSLEY – Add 1 handful of finely chopped Parsley
- o ORANGE BURST – Add 1 finely chopped Orange Capsicum/Bell Pepper.
- Please feel free to SHARE the recipe 💚 Let me know if you make it and how you like it. Nat xx
Natalie Woodman https://nataliewoodman.com/